6 Best Large SUVs for 2020: Specs, Price, Photos
Today’s full-size SUVs provide drivers with an unparalleled combination of bold styling, spacious yet luxurious interiors, groundbreaking technology, as well as robust performance and towing capabilities. Giving you more than just brute strength and generous size, these exceptional vehicles allow you to carry more passengers and more gear to help you create lasting memories with your friends and family. Great for those living active lifestyles or growing families, the Joe Rizza Auto Group has assembled our Best Large SUV list for 2020.
Large SUV Competitive Comparison
|Vehicle||Base MSRP||Seating Capacity||Cargo Volume (cubic feet)||Max Towing Capacity (lbs)|
|2020 Acura MDX||$44,500||7||90.9||5,000|
|2020 Cadillac Escalade||$75,195||8||94.2 (Escalade)
120.9 (Escalade ESV)
8,100 (ESV 2WD)
|2020 Cadillac XT6||$52,695||7||78.7||4,000|
|2020 Ford Expedition||$52,180||8||104.6 (Expedition)
121.5 (Expedition MAX)
|2020 GMC Yukon||$50,600||8||94.7 (Yukon)
121.7 (Yukon XL)
|2020 Lincoln Navigator||$76,185||8||103.3 (Navigator)
120.2 (Navigator L)
|8,700 (Navigator 4X2)
8,400 (Navigator L 4X2)
Scroll Right to View Information
2020 Acura MDX
As the best-selling three-row luxury SUV in history with nearly a million sold since its debut, the Acura MDX continues to build on its reputation for excellence. You’ll have your choice of a responsive 3.5-liter V6 or an efficient 3.0-liter with a 3-motor hybrid system, giving you endless possibilities for making the most out of your weekend plans. The MDX can excel in more conditions and with more passengers thanks to improved capabilities such as SH-AWD® which includes technologies inspired by the Acura NSX. Signature Jewel Eye LED headlights provide superior illumination and a stylish complement to the front fascia.
Spacious legroom, available heated seats, and effortless access to its third-row seating via a one-touch slide system are just a handful of amenities you can enjoy inside the luxurious interior of the Acura MDX. You’ll enjoy up to 90 cubic feet of cargo capacity with both the second and third rows of seats lowered. Use the optional Remote-Linked Power-Operated Tailgate to gain access to the cargo area even with your hands full. Stay one step ahead of danger with the standard AcuraWatch™ collection driver assistive safety technologies, giving you greater peace of mind on the roads.
- 3.5-Liter Direct Injection V6 or 3.0-Liter Direct Port Injected V6 with Sport Hybrid system
- AcuraWatch™ Suite of Driver Assist Features
- Third-Row Access One-Touch Smart Slide Walk-In
- Optional ELS Studio® Premium Audio with 10 Speakers
- Available 16.2-inch Ultra-Wide Full VGA Screen with Split Screen Capability
2020 Cadillac Escalade
Challenging convention at each opportunity, the Cadillac Escalade is engineered with an inspired combination of functionality, sophistication, and technology. Bold character lines give the Escalade a confident stance on the road, perfectly complemented by an upright grille and stylish full-LED headlamps for stunning visibility in low-light conditions.
Meticulously perfected, the interior of the Escalade features remarkable levels of refinement for a truly serene driving experience. Examples of this effort include optional multi-directional massaging front seats, Tri-Zone Climate Control, Bose Active Noise Cancellation, and acoustic front glass. Among the most powerful in its class, the Escalade is powered by a standard 6.2-liter 420 horsepower V8 with an intelligent 8-speed automatic transmission. Available 4-wheel drive, Stabilitrak traction control, Magnetic Ride Control Suspension, and an 8,300-pound towing capacity illustrate how the Cadillac Escalade is ready for whatever challenges lies ahead.
- 6.2L V8 Engine 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque with Active Fuel Management
- Standard Trailering Package with an 8,300-pound towing capacity
- Optional Power-Retractable Assist Steps with LED ground illumination
- Cadillac CUE® (Cadillac User Experience) Information and media control system with 8-inch full-color diagonal LCD display
- Optional 22-inch dual 7-spoke aluminum wheels with Ultrabright finish and premium paint accents
2020 Cadillac XT6
Precision-crafted to help you make the most out of every mile, the all-new 2020 Cadillac XT6 is a three-row crossover SUV that features an adaptable yet connected cabin, responsive handling, and an array of cutting-edge safety technologies. Standard power comes in the form of an advanced 3.3-liter V6 engine featuring Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management for maximized efficiency. Even your biggest toys can come along for the ride thanks to a towing capacity of up to 4,000 pounds and an available Smart Tow Trailering System.
With three rows of seating for up to 7 passengers, all of your family and friends can ride in total comfort. Premium materials such as exotic wood species, carbon fiber, and metallic decor accents allow you to personalize the interior to match your preferences. The latest Cadillac User Experience (CUE) gives you more ways to interface with the system, such as one-touch phone pairing via Near Field Communication and a new rotary controller with intuitive jog operation. A comprehensive suite of driver assistance and safety technologies helps you stay ahead of danger with the Cadillac XT6.
- 3.6-liter V-6 engine and nine-speed automatic transmission, offering up to four selectable driving modes
- Cadillac User Experience (CUE), with intuitive controls including a rotary controller with new jog functionality
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control – Advanced
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for compatible smartphones.
- HD Rear Vision Camera with Remote Wash
2020 Ford Expedition
Offered in two lengths to accommodate the requirements of your growing family, the powerful Ford Expedition has remained a perennial favorite in the large SUV segment for decades. Under the hood, the Expedition is powered by a standard 3.5L EcoBoost® twin-turbocharged V6 engine producing 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque. As a result of this tremendous power, the Expedition has a maximum towing capacity of 9,300 pounds. A few highlights of its versatile interior include room for up to 8 passengers, generous third-row legroom, along with heated and cooled front seating.
Also available on the Expedition is SYNC® 3 infotainment, featuring a capacitive touchscreen with swipe capability, navigation with simple destination entry, pinch-to-zoom functionality, high-speed performance, and enhanced voice recognition. You’ll be able to see all sides of the vehicle via an 8-inch color LCD display with the optional 360-degree camera with split-view display that uses a total of four cameras. A Terrain Management System™ gives the driver the ability to choose from up to seven preset modes to optimize driving dynamics for road conditions.
- Standard 3.5L EcoBoost® twin-turbocharged V6 engine 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque
- Available advanced Cargo Management System
- Optional SYNC® 3 with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Available Premium Audio System by Harman with enhanced active noise control
- Available 360-degree camera with split-view display
2020 GMC Yukon
Among the select few body-on-frame full-size SUVs left on the marketplace, the GMC Yukon delivers ruggedness and robust performance capabilities to help you and your family enjoy every minute of your next weekend adventure. With a standard V8 engine and available four-wheel drive with low-range gearing, no obstacle is too tough for the Yukon to tackle. A 10-speed automatic transmission gives you a perfect balance of response while towing and fuel economy while cruising on the freeway.
Flexible seating and storage solutions help you adapt the premium interior of the GMC Yukon to match your needs. Tri-Zone Climate Controls, optional Keyless Open & Start, contrast stitching, aluminum trim, and available heated and ventilated front seats allow everyone to get comfortable for the journey. Technology highlights include up to 13 charging locations, available 4G LTE Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay & Android Auto smartphone integration, and an optional 8-inch Diagonal GMC Infotainment System with Navigation. Advanced safety technologies inspire confidence behind the wheel of the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL.
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or available 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission, 2WD or 4WD
- Available second-row power-release fold-and-tumble seats
- Optional Bose® Centerpoint® Premium Audio System
- Available HID headlamps with LED signature lighting
- Magnetic Ride Control (Denali models)
2020 Lincoln Navigator
Equally as striking as it is refined, the Lincoln Navigator represents the pinnacle of first-class SUV travel. Dynamic signature lighting flows outward beneath the headlamps while the Lincoln Star on the grille glows to announce your arrival. Experience best-in-class 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque produced by its twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine which also makes no sacrifices on fuel economy. Smart Trailer Tow Connector and trailer sway control technologies come standard, while optional Pro Trailer Backup Assist lets you hitch up to your trailer with the twist of a knob.
Inspired by private aircraft, the best-in-class Perfect Position Seats with Active Motion® feature a patented comfort-carrier design that flexes around you. Best-in-class 2nd- and 3rd-row legroom inside the Navigator allows back seat passengers to stretch out and relax on extended commutes. The Lincoln Play Rear-Seat Entertainment System includes large 10-inch adjustable screens to help eliminate boredom. An extensive collection of driver-assist safety helps ensure that you and your loved ones always stay out of harm’s way inside the Lincoln Navigator.
- Twin-Turbocharged 3.5L V6 Engine with 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque
- 10-speed SelectShift® Automatic Transmission with Paddle Activation and optional 4×4- Four Wheel Drive
- 10-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack with Swipe Capability and SYNC® 3
- 3rd Row PowerFold® Split Bench with Power Recline
- Revel® Audio System with HD Radio™ and 14 Speakers